Bay Bluffs – Emmet County Medical Care Facility is nestled on the bluff overlooking Little Traverse Bay and the historic town of Harbor Springs. Bay Bluffs is a place close to home where people of all ages come together in a caring environment.
We provide many services from short-term rehabilitation to long-term nursing care. Our 120 bed facility has provided a home-like environment with a caring, courteous and cheerful staff since it was established in 1966.
For more information, please visit www.baybluffs.org
Who does Bay Bluffs serve?
We primarily serve the residents of Emmet County, but our doors are open to the surrounding community.
Who owns Bay Bluffs?
- The building is owned by Emmet County.
- The facility is operated, and care provided for seniors, through the Emmet County Department of Health and Human Services Board.
What is the future need for long term care in the community?
As the “baby boom” population hits their 70’s, 80’s and 90’s in the next 5to 10 years, cases of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia are forecasted to increase significantly. This population of booming adults with memory and acuity issues will result in an increasing need for around-the-clock, skilled nursing care.
What are the specific needs for Bay Bluffs facility renovation?
Several items have been identified and include the following:
- Life Safety Code 2012 compliance
- Replace corroded water lines
- Replace outdated HVAC systems
- Reconfigure front lobby for resident safety
- Reconfigure Activity Alley and living room for resident safety
- Expand laundry capacity
- Boiler replacement
- Replace main kitchen equipment and reconfigure for efficiency
- Remodel dining rooms
- Remodel patient bathing areas
- Expand and replace facility surveillance and security systems
- Add additional storage space
Partners Facility Assessment
A facility assessment was completed on the building in 2016 and again in 2021. Both assessments indicating the same areas of infrastructure require updates.